Get Informed/For Parents
Thank you for your interest in STLF programs as a positive opportunity for your student. This page is intended to address any concerns and answer any questions you may have as a parent of a student participating in an STLF program. Feel free to follow the links below and explore the rest of the site to learn more about who we are and what we do.
Parent Testimonials - Comments from Surveys:
In a recent survey of parents of participants, 100% of those who responded said they would recommend the Pay It Forward Tour and STLF to other parents. Click the link below to view parent feedback and comments about the Pay It Forward Tour, STLF, and the impact on their student:
Student and Parent Stories:
Reading some testimonials and stories of the experience some other parents, supporters, and participants have had with STLF may help you to learn more about the program from their perspective. Please follow the link below to learn more:
- View 'My Stories' from students and parents
High School and Middle School Tour Frequently Asked Questions:
As a parent or guardian of a high school or middle school student, we understand you may have more questions with regard to the program. Click here for a list of frequently asked questions of parents of high school and middle school students. In addition, click here to for frequently asked questions with registering online.
General Information on STLF and Programs:
STLF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based out of Minneapolis, MN, with college chapters and school partnerships spreading through the Midwest and across the country. STLF is a youth-driven organization that provides positive life experiences for college, high school, and middle school students through Pay It Forward Tours and High School Leadership Camps. To learn more about STLF and each of the primary programs it offers, please follow the links of interest listed below:
- STLF General Information
- College Pay It Forward Tour General Information
- High School Pay It Forward Tour General Information
- Middle School Pay it Forward Tour General Information
- Leadership Camp General Information
Student Policies and Expectations on STLF Programs:
All students of all age groups - college, high school, and middle school - who participate in an STLF program will agree to a certain set of policies and expectations of behavior during their STLF program experience:
- All students agree to participate in all activities and service projects associated with this STLF experience whenever physically capable.
- All students agree to understand that the rules of any places we stay or serve are also rules that they must abide by, as they become rules of STLF.
- All students agree that there is a Zero Tolerance Policy regarding the possession and use of alcohol, drugs, or other illegal substances, regardless of age, gender, culture, etc.
- All students agree that the use or possession of tobacco products, (smoking or chewing), during any High School STLF program is prohibited, regardless of age, gender, culture, etc.
- All students agree that the possession or use of a weapon or other item that might cause bodily harm to persons is prohibited on this program.
- If students do not comply with the abovementioned policies regarding drugs and alcohol, weapons, tobacco products, and other requirements, they may be asked to leave the program early.
- If for any reason a student must leave the program early, they are then responsible for finding, confirming, and paying for all fees their departure may incur.
What to Pack:
Participants should bring everything they need to be away from home for the duration of the tour. It is important to note that they will be carrying their belongings on and off the bus each day. Here is a packing list that includes all of the basics one needs on the tour.
Feel Free to Contact Us with Additional Questions:
If you still have unanswered questions regarding STLF or your son or daughter's involvement in the program, please feel free to contact our office at any time. Our office phone number is 612-276-2003 and our email is email@example.com.
My Story - Sam Finch
Sam discusses her first time going on a Pay-It-Forward tour and much much more!