Glory Days 2012
Author: Nick Lindberg
It's official, even on Facebook, the 2012 Glory Days Tour is happening July 19-22. What is the Glory Days Tour? Well, the Glory Days Tour is an adult initiative, created thanks to the thoughts and experiences of our STLF alumni. It is similar to the Pay it Forward Tour, but is customized specifically for the adult audience.
- 4 days, Thursday to Sunday
- 3 communities visited, participants stay in hotels
- 3 service projects
- Strengthened sense of purpose in self and in work
- Professional development activities
- Networking and relationship-building
This year there will be two Glory Days Tours hitting the road July 19th. WHAT?!?!?! Two?!?!?! YEEAAAHHHHH!!! Yes, after a huge success the first tour last year, STLF will be sending out two buses. One bus will be departing from Minneapolis as well as a bus from Chicago. Both buses will be heading to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to meet up for the ultimate glory days celebration in Houghton, MI.
The details for the Minneapolis trip are finalized and we wanted you, some of the most involved STLFer back in the day to be one of the first to know. This years route will be:
- Minneapolis, MN
- Turtle Lake, WI
- Ashland, WI
- Houghton, MI
The core will be: Tami Huemoeller, Eric Larsen, Tricia Nelson, Timmy Schuster, and Nickers. With a core like that, it has to be good. Check out the GDT website for more info about the Tour and the core.
Registration will be live next Wednesday, February 29th. Yup, you heard it right, that is Leap Year Day. It only happens once every four years so you better seize the day and register while you can. PLUS, you could win on of these AWESOME prizes if you are the:
- 2nd to register and receive an autographed photo of the core
- 9th to register and get a 90s movie night with the core
- 17th to register and have a video made just for you
- 31st to register becomes royalty for a day on the Tour
For more information or to register, check out the GDT website. YEAH BUDDY!!!
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
My Story - Miah Gray
Miah, a Leadership Camp participant talks about her experience and finding understanding.